Being challenged by increased margin pressure and declining revenue from the sales of their equipment, the company was forced to think of new ways of generating revenue. Service operations was identified as one of these ways.
Replicating successful development of new services
Large International Client in the Manufacturing Industry
We helped a global manufacturing company improve future revenue streams through:
- A focused toolbox for uncovering customer needs when developing new services
- Tools for identifying strong value propositions and segmentation of customer base when selling new services
- Tools for identifying the buying process of the customers to create the right sales approach and capability framework
New ways of generating revenue
When a global heavyweight manufacturing company (the company prefers to remain anonymous) was faced with tougher competition and pressure on their margins, Commerzial identified an increased service offering to their customers as key to improving future revenue streams.
Commerzial assisted in the development of new services that would commercialise this part of the business and provided the methodology that made it possible. As a result, the business unit has been able to undergo an accelerated service development process with a focus on targeting the right customers with the right offering.
See the full case below
This B2B company has a global footprint and is a leader in their industry, with a strong tradition of delivering machines and spare parts to their customers. Their products are sold in more than 150 countries, and the company’s net sales exceeds 11 billion €.
However, this transition also presented the business unit with two major challenges:
- The Business Development function needed a commercially focused toolbox to uncover customer needs when developing new services.
- The sales force had a history of bundling their sales of equipment with various service products that they would offer their clients for free. Now, they had to make a shift from “free of charge” to articulating and selling the services on their own merits.
Commerzial designed tools and methodologies that taught the business unit how to replicate the successful development of services and bring increased focus to these new commercial elements.
- The business development managers were equipped with a toolbox that helped them identify strong value propositions and segment their customer base to enable the sales force to sell new services.
- The business development managers were given tools to identify the buying process for the customers to create the right sales approach and capability framework for the sales force.
Could this be You?
The challenges this company experienced are common for manufacturing organisations going through changes in customer behavior, markets or the competitive landscape.
As commercial excellence advisors, we are charged with handling the complexity of these external factors, combined with managing the necessary change to our own processes, competences, habits and culture.
We supply the right competence and experience to help you embrace that challenge and achieve your goals. With Commerzial, you tap into a senior team of consultants and a proven method and toolbox addressing all corners of commercial excellence.
To know more
about the case